Canada has a two-tiered immigration system that offers federal and provincial programmed for skilled workers under joint authority between Ottawa and the provinces.
All the Canadian provinces and three territories have a Nominee Program (PNP) through which they may nominate talented workers with the particular talent needed by their local economies. Candidates who are nominated by their province or territory may then apply to the federal government for permanent residency in Canada.
Who benefits from PNP for Canada immigration?
The PNP programme is for employees who:
• Has the skill, education, and job experience to contribute to a province or territory’s economy.
• Has a desire to live in a particular province or territory
• I Want to become a permanent citizen of Canada.
How to Apply for Provincial Nominee Program?
Depending on whatever stream of the Provincial Nominee Program you’re applying to, your mode of application will differ. You may have to apply online using Express Entry or on paper. You will be required to pass a medical examination and a police check as part of the application procedure (certificate).
- How to Apply through Paper-based Process?
• You must satisfy the province’s qualifying criteria.
• You apply for nomination in a non-Express Entry stream to the province or territory.
• You must file a formal application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada after you have been nominated.
• You must pass a medical examination and a background check. No matter where you intend to reside in Canada, you must undergo these checks.
- How to apply through the Express Entry process?
There are two methods to apply for the online Express Entry process:
• You apply for a nomination under the Express Entry stream by contacting the province or territory.
• If a province or territory agrees to nominate you, you must establish an Express Entry profile (or amend an existing profile) and demonstrate that you have been nominated!
• You may create an Express Entry profile and list the provinces and territories you want to visit.
• Then, contact a province or territory directly if they send you a “notification of interest”.
• You apply to their Express Entry programme:
o If you’re nominated, the province will make an offer to you through your account, which you must accept electronically.
• You must satisfy the province or territory qualifying criteria in both instances.
• You must also complete an Express Entry profile and demonstrate that you satisfy the Express Entry basic requirements.
• You must submit an electronic application to IRCC when asked to do so.
Ready to move to Canada?
Yash Global Consultants Singapore is an immigration agency that assists candidates in their immigration journey. Connect with our expert immigration advisors to help you migrate to Canada, hassle-free!