To entice IT employees to the province, Saskatchewan introduced the new Tech Talent Pathway on March 7 as part of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
The Tech Talent Pathway is designed to help Saskatchewan’s tech industry with severe labour shortages. Employers in Saskatchewan’s technology and innovation sectors will be able to attract more talent to support growth and boost Saskatchewan’s global competitiveness with the help of this new road to permanent residence for tech professionals.
What are the Eligible Occupations?
Candidates who have a job offer in one of the following occupations may be eligible to apply to the Saskatchewan Tech Talent Pathway.
- Electrical and Electronics engineers
- Computer and information system managers
- Computer engineers
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Information system analysts and consultants
- Software engineers and designers
- Web designers and developers
- Information system testing technicians
- User support technicians
- Computer network technicians
- If you reside outside of Canada or have legal status there and are not a refugee claimant, you might be eligible for the programme.
- Regardless of whether you are applying as an Express Entry candidate or not, you must have an offer for a qualified permanent, full-time job in the technology or innovation sector in Saskatchewan in order to be eligible. To prove your eligibility and attest to your intention to live and work in Saskatchewan, you will need a current SINP Job Approval Letter.
- If you are applying from Saskatchewan, you must be employed there right now and have completed at least six months of full-time service with the employer who is offering you the position that qualifies. The government defines full time as working at least 30 hours a week.
- You must have at least a year’s worth of work experience in your field during the previous five years if you haven’t been employed full-time by your sponsoring company for at least six months.
- You need at least one year of relevant work experience in your planned occupation within the past five years if you are applying from another province in Canada or from outside the country.
- Those who are currently employed are subject to the language requirements set forth by their employer for the language requirement. Your language proficiency in either English or French must be CLB 5 or above if you are not already employed by the company.
We hope this blog has helped you understand the new tech immigration pathway. Yash Global Consultants are one of the leading immigration consulting companies extending assistance in immigration journey. If you are searching for a SINP program for Canada PNP, our seasoned experts can help you.