A visitor visa (alternatively termed a temporary residence visa) is a government-issued document that stands as proof that you fulfil Canada’s entry criteria.
The visitors visiting Canada need a visitor visa. Additionally, if you are transiting through a Canadian airport en route to your ultimate destination, you may need one. A visitor visa can be applied online or on paper.
Do you need a visitor visa?
You may require a visitor visa or an ETA. The kind of travel document you require depends on:
- The country you got your travel document issued from.
- Your nationality
- Your mode of travel to Canada for the trip
- The type of travel document you plan to travel with
How long can you stay in Canada with a Tourist Visa?
The majority of tourists visiting Canada are permitted to remain for up to six months.
The border services officer at the point of entry may permit you to remain for less than or more than six months. If such is the case, they will record the date by which you must depart in your passport. They may also provide you with a document called a visitor record, which will include the date by which you must depart.
If you do not get a passport stamp, you may remain in Canada for six months from the date of entry or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. If you need a stamp, you may get one from a border services officer. If you arrive at an airport that uses primary inspection kiosks, inquire the border officer after you complete formalities at the kiosk.
Eligibility Requirements for a Visitor Visa
To be eligible you must:
• Have a valid travel document, such as a passport
• Be in good health
• Hold no criminal or immigration-related convictions
• Convince an immigration officer that you have ties to your home country, such as a job, a home, financial assets, or family
• Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Assure that you are financially capable of staying in Canada.
Medical examination and letter of Invitation become a requisite from time to time, so be sure to check the updated list of documents, at the time of application.
What are the steps to apply for Visitor’s Visa?
Step 1: Check if you are eligible to make a trip to Canada. Also, be sure to check the required documents, in light of COVID-19.
Step 2: Get the Documents demonstrating that you satisfy the COVID 19 travel exemption AND visitor visa requirements.
Step 3: Apply online!
Step 4: Give your fingerprints, fulfil the biometrics! Yash Global is a reliable Canadian tourist visa consultant in Singapore. Contact us to know more about our immigration services!