Canada is a beautiful country with a friendly culture, world-class infrastructure, and globally recognized education system. In 2019, this country was ranked as the fourth most popular destination for international student enrollment following the USA, UK, and China.
Many of the universities of Canada are also listed in the top 100 universities of the globe. It is a French and English speaking country. This implies that people speaking French or English are both eligible to study here.
The Canadian government offers a work program to the students to give exposure to real-world problems and work culture.
But before planning for abroad education, you should have thorough information about the legal formalities which need to be fulfilled.
Every country allows immigrants after visa approval. So to study in Canada, you should have a valid Canada Student Visa.
Let’s explore the steps which should be followed for applying for a Canada Student Visa.
How to Apply for Canada Student Visa?
1. Check out the eligibility for Canada Student Visa.
The first step in applying for Canadian students is to check the eligibility criteria and meet all the requirements to avoid visa rejection.
In this scenario, let’s see the mentioned below checklist:
- Enrollment application accepted and confirmed by the Designated Learning Institute (DLI)
- Evidence to prove enough financial resources in the form of bank statement, draft, or any other
- A valid document to demonstrate good character with no criminal charges or history
- Recent medical examination report as evidence of a healthy body and mind
2. Preparing all the documents
- Letter of Acceptance
- Passport valid up to complete course duration.
- Enough funds and its documented proof. The funds should be enough
to bear all the costs of staying and studying in Canada.
- Receipt of tuition fee payment
- Passport-sized photographs and for a digital copy, the size of the picture should not exceed 4MB
- Immigration medical examination which is compulsory and done by impaneled doctors
- TOEFL, IELTS, or French proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose stating your purpose of the stay and why you are keen to study in that specific university
- Credit card or debit card
- Educational certificates, transcripts as proof of educational qualification
- Proof of return to your home country after completion of the course
3. Choosing the right university to get a Letter of Acceptance
If you’re not sure about where you want to study in Canada, you must have to decide before you can start your application process for Canada student visa.
At first, you have to choose the right university according to your area of interest.
Then you have to check the eligibility criteria for enrolling international students.
Also, it would be best if you make sure that this university is listed in DLI. Then submit your enrollment application and pay the tuition fees on the confirmation of enrollment.
You will receive a letter of Acceptance.
4. Complete your application form
The next step is quite easy and straightforward. You have to visit the official website of Canadian immigration authority and answer some questions.
According to the answers, a personalized checklist of documents will be provided with all the needed forms.
You can fill the complete form according to the provided guidelines. Upload the required documents on that portal.
5. Pay the fee & submit the application
After filling up the form, you need to pay the applicable visa fee of C$150, including extensions.
After payment, you can submit your application.
6. Wait for the response.
The decision for your visa application will be informed via email.
Sometimes, according to the case, the applicants need to go for a personal interview held at the embassy or authorities may ask for some additional documents which need to be submitted within a limited period.
Otherwise, the application will be marked as incomplete and rejected.
After completing all the above steps, you will be able to attain your visa via email.
You will receive a letter of introduction and Electronic Travel Authorization(eTA) from the authorities.
Through eTA, you will be able to enter in Canada.
How Can Yash Global Consultants help to Apply for Canada Student Visa?
For most of the students, studying in Canada can be a dream to explore vast opportunities at a global level.
With Yash Global Consultants, you can give jet boosters to this journey and dream.
We handle every case according to the updated immigration policies and try to avoid rejections and delays.
You can contact us for migration solutions at any time.